Sunday, November 18, 2012

Herobrine Myth

Herobrine is a ghostly presence of a dead miner in Minecraft. He was first seen around Alpha 1.0.1 and since then some strange sightings have been recorded. Some even say they have found a fool proof way to summon him. Saying a ring of gold blocks around mossy cobblestone and netherrack on top. Just place Redstone torches next to the netherrack and set it on fire. Often it says you have to mine iron ore or die in the flames.
He is said to have creepy white eyes and a rapists smile (my words, not others). The first apparent encounter had the following:
“I had recently spawned a new world in single-player Minecraft. Everything was normal as I began chopping down trees and crafting a workbench. I noticed something move amongst the dense fog (I have a very slow computer so I have to play with tiny render distance). I thought it was a com, so I pursued it, hoping to grab some hides for armor.
It wasn’t a cow though. Looking back at me was another character with the default skin, but his eyes were empty. I saw no name pop-up, and I double-checked to make sure I wasn’t in multiplayer mode. He didn’t stay long. He looked at me and quickly ran into the fog. I pursued out of curiosity, but he was gone”
A while ago there was a streamed video. This information is taken directly from the Minecraft Wiki. It was only later that Herobrine grew in popularity, when the Brocast staff staged a hoax in one of their live-streams. Herobrine was introduced to the stream at 20:45

Later on, there was another video showing Herobrine in a user-made lava field. The livestream went down after the player ran and saved, only to resume ten minutes later, where Herobrine had disappeared.
During this stream, the player can be heard talking to his wife, stating he was trolling, which flooded the livestream chat with outrage. The player then faked a game crash.
During this crash, all watchers were redirected to another page, featuring Steve's face, but with real, frantically rolling eyes in the place of his block eyes, modified to be completely black.
When viewing the page's source, there were a jumble of characters and letters. after removing all non-alphabet characters, the following message was revealed.
‘It has been reported that some victims of torture, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being tortured. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP.’
For a while after this I was paranoid that Herobrine would somehow find and kill me. It wasn’t until 1.2.4 that I realise. Herobrine was no joke…
Notch and a lot of the other staff at Mojang have claimed he doesn’t exist. I believed them and went back to playing Minecraft. I had just built the most amazing house ever. And decided to go to sleep in my nice comfy bed.
I woke up to find my windows smashed. I just had one word in my mind. Herobrine. I decided to investigate. First I found a Redstone torch. And another. And another. Until finally I found a 2 by 2 tunnel in the stone, lined in diamond ore. I walked in to find I was surrounded by bedrock. I heard a player falling noise behind me. And as I turned around I died and he stared into my players eyes. Words came up on screen. “YOU ARE MINE NOW”. I could never get back in my minecraft account again. 

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. well hes not real but eeh he is kinda but you cant actually see him he just breaks blocks around you and stuff but it is deffinetly Herobrine cuz it happend to me i just couldnt see him

      Delete
    2. Every single instance of Herobrine actually appearing in Minecraft was either a hoax or occured using mods.

      Delete
    3. It COULD have been a hacker or griefer. When you destroy trees, the leaves decay, which people may think is another player.

      Delete
    4. www.ghostinthestream.net/him.html

      Delete
    5. YES. I AM REAL. AND I WILL DO ANYTHING TO KILL YOU. I AM WATCHING. WAITING. AND YOU CANNOT ESCAPE.

      Delete
    6. Haha you aren't even herobrine dude what a faker hahahaha

      Delete
    7. ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even believe in herobrine! Plus how does herobrine have a google (or ANY) account? ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! If you really ARE real then haunt meh! My player name is: PukingRainbowz and one of my FAVOURITE world is: "The party starts here!!!!!!". If you have the guts, haunt that world!

      Delete
    8. the first case of herobrine was real, though, as that was minecrafts beta age.

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. En serio,¿Cuando te mata dice "Ahora eres mío"?Aunque Notch afirmó
    que no existe,ya forma parte de Minecraft

    ReplyDelete
  5. I JUST WANT A FRIEND. Is that too much to ask for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha good try bitch...

      Delete
    2. Dude, his username confirms that he is HIM.

      Delete
    3. i want to be ur friend if u dont kill me and grief
      me

      Delete
    4. i want to be ur friend if u dont kill me and grief
      me

      Delete
  6. I might have herobrine for a friend.......... IF he didn't have any and has the guts to HAUNT MY WORLD, "The Party Starts Here!!!!!!!!!!!"!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is all shit talk is what it really is

    ReplyDelete
  8. (if HERO730BRINE5200A1.2.4 is a fake, I'm gonna play along anyway)
    Herobrine, if you just want a friend, then why do you kill us players and destroy our worlds? Are you that desparate to get us to 'wake up'?

    -buttercreper (my Minecraft username)

    ReplyDelete
  9. (if HERO730BRINE5200A1.2.4 is a fake, I'm gonna play along anyway)
    Herobrine, if you just want a friend, then why do you kill us players and destroy our worlds? Are you that desparate to get us to 'wake up'?

    -buttercreper (my Minecraft username)

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my world I was messing around in 1.8 on pc no mods and built a prismarine structure like a cave an dug in a staircase formation and lit it with sea lanterns and as I was digging I found barrier blocks (invisible blocks) and iron trapdoors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Herobrine sometimes kill us but other Times he helps us from the dangers ahead

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im not sure what the big deal is about "Herobrine", its not like he is going to jump out the screen and bring you to living torment, in a endless loop and you will never die...



    will he?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Herobrine is real, you better believe it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Herobrine is real, you better believe it

    ReplyDelete